jQuery and DOJO- jQuery Turns Out to be the Champion
Benefits of DOJO Toolkit
DOJO has a complete set of user interface controls which give you the power for creating web application that are completely optimized in terms of accessibility, usability, performance, internationalization. DOJO toolkit mainly provides help for MVC structured application and is most part of it based on the MVC principles. DOJO provides integration with various content delivery networks for all the heavy duty web apps, widgets infrastructure, asynchronous loading of modules if required and lots more other functionalities.
Benefits of jQuery Framework
jQuery is a small (near about 30KB in size) , simple to use, fast and well documented
framework. JQuery has lots to offer the web developers such as several readymade plug-ins , easy to use Ajax Controls and amazing event handlers. Web Development is completely open and will happen publicly with the support of the members of jQuery community. You can easily create various Themes with jQuery as it has a Theme Roller application which provides you an insightful interface for downloading and designing custom themes for jQuery UI. jQuery as well has a technique known as Chaining in which you can run through multiple jQuery Commands one after another on the same element.
jQuery and DOJO
- jQuery provides the developers with several UI libraries that have loads of useful functions. The adoption of jQuery is all time high because it is simple to use and provides you several customization features thus making it popular. Coming to DOJO is provides you the widget toolkit along with Drag and Drop Support feature, 2D Vector Drawing, 3D so if you want to create user interfaces that are dynamically innate then DOJO can actually serve the purpose.
- Talking about the usage of jQuery and DOJO, SOJO is used for rapid web development of desktop and mobile internet applications without making use of the web browser’s inbuilt graphics technology. All the popular web browsers namely Google Chrome, Safari, Opera, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer and all the Blackberry, Apple Smartphone’s use DOJO. In general jQuery is being used for dynamic web pages and web applications in particular by WordPress, Backbone and Wikipedia can be quoted.
- jQuery lets you select one or more elements & group of DOM elements so that you can customize the properties of the DOM elements such as Add, Hide, Show, Subtract , find DOM element and lots more. DOJO on the other hand will provide you connection between DOM elements and the functions of DOJO easily. DOJO as well has several DOM elements , Style packages, SVG , HTML that allow you to handle and manipulate the power amongst DOM and SVG.
To conclude with when it is about jQuery and DOJO it can be said that jQuery is a way better than DOJO for the reason that :
- DOJO Toolkit requires the user to have a higher network bandwidth when compared to jQuery.
- jQuery is a light weight framework whereas DOJO though it provides several customization options is heavy weight and bulky toolkit not serving the purpose.
- As well DOJO Toolkit is not completely documented and the DOJO help tutorials are very less so it is difficult for developers to get in depth help with the development if they are using DOJO framework. So to get started with jQuery is always the best options because there are several easy to access tutorials available that can guide you.
- jQuery has simply better performance because of regular updates and bug fixes form the dedicated jQuery community.
In my point of view DOJO lacks proper documentation ,lacks proper reference codes, lacks marketing and has relative complexity which are not letting it become popular. As well the documentation that exists for DOJO is highly difficult to use because when you have a first look at it it will seem to be scattered and will appear to be more of API dependent than being task based.