This framework is light weight as it does not have thousands of in built user interface elements or various transition styles which is mostly encountered in the heavy weighted frameworks such as Sencha Touch , jQuery Mobile and several others. This framework was developed only with the intent of keeping in mind the iPhone in the first place however now the support has been extended to tablets and smartphones.
Features of iUI
- The main aim of iUI is to keep the core code the web app under development as lightweight as possible.
- This framework supports several themes , plug-ins and extensions. Most commonly used themes are Main Mobile OS Themes, Offline Cache , Event Logs , Google Analytics , System Information’s and lots more others.
- This framework is pretty simple and straight forward what you type is what you get as the result there is no need for any kind of code generation, code alteration and compilation.
- One can create App-Like control panels with iUI framework such as the simulated Settings page that already exists on the iPhones website.
- This framework is an open source and can be downloaded freely from the web.