CodeIgniter – A Zero Configuration Fully Baked PHP Framework at a Glance
If you are looking for a completely baked PHP framework that can power your future generation web applications then CodeIgniter might be of great interest to you. This is an Web Application Development PHP framework for developers who are keen on building their websites purely using PHP. The ultimate goal of CodeIgniter is to help the web developers complete their projects on time at a much faster pace rather than having to write code from the scratch. CodeIgniter has a huge library for all the commonly implemented functionalities with a easy and simple logical structure an user interface so that it is easy for the developers to access these libraries. You can actually concentrate on your web development project completely if you use CodeIgniter as it will reduce the amount of code that needs to be written for implementing any specific functionality.
Wondering when you should choose CodeIgniter for your project then here you are …
- If you are planning to build a project with exceptional performance then Yes CodeIgniter is the right choice.
- If you are looking for framework with simple and precise documentation then Yes CodeIgniter is the right choice.
- If you are desperately in need of a framework with a smaller footprint then Yes CodeIgniter is the right choice.
- You have nothing to do with complexity and are looking for simple and easy solutions then Yes CodeIgniter is the right choice.
- If you are in search of a framework that has a broader compatibility with all the PHP Configurations and versions then Yes CodeIgniter is the right choice.
- You are lazy enough to put in efforts for learning a templating language then Yes CodeIgniter is the right choice.
- You are developer who does not believe in abiding by restrictive coding rules and does not want to use the command line then Yes CodeIgniter is the right choice.
- Last but not the least as the title of the post says it all if you wish to work with a framework that requires zero configuration then Yes CodeIgniter is the right choice.
Features of CodeIgniter
- This PHP Framework is highly extensible i.e. one can easily extend it by making use of their own helpers, libraries, system hooks or class extensions.
- The best thing about CodeIgniter is that it is licensed under an Apache BSD style as an Open source this you can make use of this framework as and when you want and how you want.
- CodeIgniter is extremely fast and has exceptionally high performance.
- The core system of CodeIgniter just needs very few libraries unlike other PHP Frameworks which need a bunch of resources. The base system of CodeIgniter is fast and lean making it a light weight PHP framework because when there is need for additional libraries they will be loaded on request only if required.
- You need not make use of a Template Engine when using CodeIgniter. However this framework has a simple template parser which one can use if required. If you are using template engine you need to understand that it is difficult for it to pace up with the performance of the native PHP and learning it is also comparatively difficult.
- CodeIgniter makes use of a segment based approach instead of the standard query string approach to generate URL’s and thus is successful in generating URL’s that are clean and search engine friendly.
- With this PHP framework you can be assured that both the logic and presentation are separated as it makes use of the Model View Controller approach.