8 Best Open-Source Ecommerce Platforms to Open Your Own Store
The modernization of world had led to coming of many businesses online. Businesses have realized the importance of coming up online. That is the main reason why most of the businesses have opted for e-commerce websites. When it comes to some best open source Ecommerce platforms, you have plenty of choices. It might be very difficult for you to decide an open source Ecommerce platform for your own website that might serve people as an online store. Here is the list of some of the best open source Ecommerce platforms on which you can open your own online store.
Best Open-source Ecommerce Platforms
This is one of the oldest e-Commerce platforms available to create a good website. This platform was created by Harald Ponce de Leon and was started in year 2000 in Germany. More than 14000 live websites are using this platform. Some of its great features are:
- It is a free open source e-commerce website creating tool
- Free templates are available
- More than 7000 add-ons
- Customer and order management from the site dashboard
More than 150000 websites are powered by PrestaShop. It is a free open source e-commerce solution that has got following features:
- It has got over 2500 modules
- It is very easy to use and has got simple site management, product management, products displays, client accounts etc.
- It has got analytics and reporting features
- Good marketing and SEO capabilities
- Customer support from dashboard
It is another great shopping cart to create your own online store. You can utilize this tool on any server with MySQL and PHP running on it. Websites created using this tool are highly optimized on search engines. It offers you choice of tax payment in different countries. Other features of this e-Commerce platform are:
- It is free open source tool
- It has got one of the best order management
- It is simple and easy to use for beginners
It had been designed to work with Joomla. It is a clean cart to make customers feel comfortable and easy to navigate. Some of its best features are:
- Customers can create account
- They can track their order history
- Multiple language and currency support
- Unlimited products and categories
Magento is a free open source Ecommerce platform that helps you to create a good business website. This platform was created by Varien in 2008. It is built in Zend Framework. It is the fastest growing Ecommerce solution in the world. More than 150,000 businesses are running their business website on this platform. Some of its best features are:
- It has got reliable and stable structure
- It is an free open source platform
- You can easily adjust the existing features and replace them with new one
- Some other features are: catalog management, shopping cart, checkout, search etc.
This tool is designed for the people who are selling products like file download, event passes & tickets, event registrations, or something like that. It should be integrated with Joomla to use it without any interruption. It can also work with Drupal too. You can customize your store in your own way.
This is developed by Zen Cart Development team in 2012. It is more CSS based and quite easy to use as compared from OsCommerce. Some of its best features are:
- It offers great customer management on dashboard
- It is easy to handle, modify, and install
- It has got an user friendly interface
The user interface of ZeusCart is user friendly and very attractive. This resource is especially designed keeping small and medium businesses in mind. It offers you SEO friendly URLs, E-mails, tier pricing and many more exciting features.