Which One is Better? DigitalOcean Or AWS?
Digitalocean or AWS: Picking a cloud service for your application or website can be a daunting task. In this article, we’ll provide you detailed info about both of these platforms that will help you pick the one that’s excellent for you. Both of these platforms have their own set of features and selecting the best one is essential.
First, let’s take a glimpse of what this cloud platform offers and its benefits
What is DigitalOcean?
DigitalOcean is a cloud web hosting provider that helps developers to easily manage, build, perform testing, and scale apps of any size. The developers can execute responsibilities like spinning up a droplet inside seconds and take it on another platform.
What is AWS?
Amazon Web Service (AWS) gives cloud computing solutions at inexpensive rates. This cloud platform is easy-to-use, scalable, extremely reliable, and flexible.
An AWS is a massive collection of cloud-computing services that is built on a full-fledged platform. Also known as the powerhouse of analytics, databases, analytics, and deployment/delivery alternatives for developers. Their cloud is available in 16 unique regions.
Benefits of Using DigitalOcean
- High performing servers
- You will be able to build several instances of servers under the same account
- A superb platform for tech-savvy startups
- Easy to install and maintain the different operating systems
- Costs are very reasonable and scalable
- The GUI is easy to use
- They include FAQs and tutorials as a form of support
Benefits of Using Amazon:
- The storage can be increased or decreased according to your requirement.
- Business Intelligence and analytics help
- You get the option to select your favorite programming language, an operating system, or a database.
- Finest DevOps support
- Powerful partner ecosystem
- Quick and clear licensing process
DigitalOcean and AWS Provider
By now you must have determined which cloud platform to choose from. The next step is to either purchase this cloud directly from them or buy it from a vendor reselling their services.
There are several providers that sell this service in the market. Now, do you have to wonder what is the difference between purchasing it from them directly or purchasing it from their reseller?
The major difference between buying from them directly or buying it from their partners is that if you buy directly from them, you only get the servers and the task of handling them will be your responsibility entirely. When you’re buying it from their reseller, along with it you’ll get server-management as well. One such provider is MilesWeb.
They offer both: fully managed DigitalOcean cloud hosting and AWS managed hosting services.
Their managed DigitalOcean cloud hosting plan begins for the first month at Rs.860 per month. Whereas, for the first month their AWS managed hosting plan starts at Rs.650 per month.
Benefits of MilesWeb’s completely Managed DigitalOcean Cloud:
- Save time and energy
- Reduced cost of the capital
- Enhanced security
- High efficiency
MilesWeb Managed AWS Benefits for your Business:
- AWS certified team
- Time saver
- Support team available 24/7 to help
- Server Monitoring
Managed Vs Unmanaged Cloud
Whether you pick AWS or Digital Ocean cloud, you are left with two options. But how do you know whether to choose managed cloud hosting or unmanaged cloud hosting?
Here, we will explain you about the difference between the two, so that you can make a choice
- Your entire server is operated by a professional expert.
- The network administrator is responsible for both configuring and maintaining the cloud server.
- Technical assistance on any of the technical issues will be provided.
- The technical experts take care of the role of monitoring servers.
- Needs more experience in the command line and servers.
- You need to do full server configuration / initial setup, and later server management.
- In case a technical issue occurs, you need to find a solution to the problem.
- The monitoring of servers must be performed manually.
Why do we recommend buying it from a reliable partner?
Cloud server maintenance is one of those things that cannot be done while running your business all alone. It takes years of training and experience to master the Cloud server. Keeping this in mind; a reliable partner like MilesWeb is offering management of these cloud servers at little or no extra expense. Therefore, without giving it a second thought, opt-in for a trusted partner that offers management and maintenance of your server.
Both DigitalOcean and Amazon have different target audiences and so they cannot be considered as competitors to each other. The AWS target market is a small development team that wants to quickly setup up a small high-performance instance or those looking for several tools for business can choose AWS services. If you are looking for a simple yet affordable cloud computing solution, then obviously DigitalOcean is a perfect fit.